Dr. Rosser joined ACRI in 1997 and is currently the president of the Board of Directors. He grew up in the Birmingham area and has been married to Debby since 1988. He enjoys family time with his two sons and personal time with USTA league tennis and music.
Specialty: Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Birmingham Southern College – Birmingham, Alabama | Bachelor of Science/Biology (1984)
- Medical School@ University of Alabama School of Medicine – Birmingham, Alabama | Doctor of Medicine (1991)
- General Surgery Resident Baptist Health Systems Birmingham, Alabama 1991 – 1996
- Chief Surgery Resident Baptist Health Systems Birmingham, Alabama 1995 – 1996
- Colon and Rectal Fellowship Louisiana State University – Shreveport Schumpert Medical Center Shreveport, Louisiana 1996 – 1997
- State of Alabama
- American Board of Surgery – 1997, recertified – 2004
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery – 2000, recertified – 2009
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Active St. Vincent’s BIRMINGHAM
- Active Baptist Medical Center – Princeton
- Active St. Vincent’s EAST
- Active Grandview Medical Center
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Fellow American Society Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Southern Medical Association
- Jefferson County Medical Association
- Rosser J.D. Sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy for the patient with rectal bleeding. Selected Topics in Colon and Rectal Surgery 1997; IX.
- Rosser J.D. Colorectal Cancer Screening. Northwest News 1996; V(4) : 8-11.
back to Meet Our Staff