Dr. Dean is originally from Monroeville, Alabama. After completing her medical and surgical education with an additional fellowship in colon and rectal surgery, she moved to Birmingham with her husband, Tyler, and their daughter. Outside of work she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, in the great outdoors as much as possible. Dr. Dean strives to always treat her patients with the same level of skill and kindness that she wants for her own family and loved ones.
Dr. Dean speaks English and medical Spanish.
Specialty: Colon and Rectal Surgery
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama | Bachelor of Science/Biology, Spanish, summa cum laude (2012)
- Medical School at University of Alabama School of Medicine – Birmingham, Alabama | Doctor of Medicine (2016)
- General Surgery Resident Prisma Health- Upstate, Greenville, South Carolina 2016 - 2021
- Colon and Rectal Surgery Fellowship Prisma Health- Upstate, Greenville, South Carolina 2021 - 2022
- State of Alabama
- American Board of Surgery – 2021
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
- Active St. Vincent’s BIRMINGHAM
- Active Baptist Medical Center – Princeton
- Courtesy Staff St. Vincent’s EAST
- Active Grandview Medical Center
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Piedmont Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society — UAB School of Medicine, 2015
- Lily Jackson Award for Outstanding Intern — Prisma Health-Upstate, 2016
- The XXXI, University of Alabama Women’s Honorary— University of Alabama, 2012
- Dean KR, Pavuluri H, Fox S, et al. The Impact of Antithrombotic Medications on Postoperative Bleeding Events Following Hemorrhoidectomy. The American Surgeon. Sept 2022.
- Dean, K., Scott, J., Eichhorn, P. Aortoenteric fistula at the site of a marginal ulcer following roux-en-y gastric bypass. The American Surgeon. August 2018. 84(8):e312-313.
- Dean, K. & Warren, J. (2017, June 9). Stapled ostomy reinforcement with mesh (STORM): a novel technique for prevention of parastomal hernia [podium presentation]. J.D. Ashmore Lectureship, Greenville, SC, United States.
back to Meet Our Staff