Dr. Parker has been married to Heather since 1994, and they have two children; Sam and Grace.
Specialty: Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Samford University – Birmingham, Alabama | Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude, June 1994
- Medical [email protected] University of Alabama School of Medicine – Birmingham, Alabama | Doctor of Medicine, June 1998
- General Surgery Internship | Baptist Health System – Birmingham, Alabama
- General Surgery Resident | Baptist Health System – Birmingham, Alabama
- Chief Resident, General Surgery | Baptist Health System – Birmingham, Alabama
- Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando – Orlando, Florida
- General Surgery – American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Grandview Medical Center Birmingham, Alabama Active
- Baptist Medical Center – Princeton Birmingham, Alabama Active
- Brookwood Medical Center – Birmingham, Alabama Active
- St. Vincent’s East Birmingham, Alabama Active
- St. Vincent’s Hospital Birmingham, Alabama Active
- American College of Surgeons
- Medical Association for the State of Alabama
- Jefferson County Medical Society – Member Ethics Commission
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Abstracts: “Stapled Hemorrhoidectomy: Outcomes of the First 100 Patients”, Garcia AI, Murday ME, Gallo M, Parker A, Ferrara A, Gallagher JT, DeJesus S, Williamson PR, Surgical Endoscopy, 2006: 20: S319.
- Presentation at the American College of Surgeons Spring Meeting, “Residency Recruitment and Retention”, April 2003.
- Presentation at the Alabama Vascular Society Annual Meeting, “Initial Experience with Endovascular AAA Repair in the Community Hospital”, May 2002.
- Management of Hepatic Metastasis from Colorectal Carcinoma, published in the Archives of Surgery, March 2001.
- Presentation at the Alabama Chapter of the Americna College of Surgeons, Management of Hepatic Metastasis from Colorectal Carcinoma, May 1998.
- Dr. Parker is a member of Oak Mountain Presbyterian Church. He is actively involved in teaching the 5th Grade Boys’ Sunday School. Most recently, Dr. Parker led a team of 19 people to Uganda on a two-week medical mission trip.
- Dr. Parker coaches baseball in the Vestavia Hills Youth Baseball League.
back to Meet Our Staff